Friday, January 19, 2007

So this is what its like to be in college

I had such a ridiculous night I can't help but document it.

It started with 5 and a half shots of tequila in my apartment, before 9 of us headed out to the bus stop to go uptown. We got to the bus stop when I realzed that I had forgotten my ID (the one that says I'm 21) and told everybody to go on without me, but three came with as I sprinted 4 blocks back home.

Yes. I drank 5.5oz. of tequila, and then sprinted almost a half mile.

We then walk back to Michigan Avenue, and the bus us at the stop, but on the other side of the street. While debating if we should jay walk Michigan Avenue, the bus left the stop, so we decided to sprint down the sidewalk to try and catch it at the next stop, 4 blocks away.

We were literally sprinting, and I don't think I've ever run so fast. We caught up, and were flailing our arms above our heads screaming, but just about 20 feet away it took off. So we took a $20 cab.

We got to the bar before our friends, and had drinks by the time they got there. I felt cool.

(Insert average college bar night here... margaritas, dancing, smoke, sweating, yada yada)

We took the El home, and this is where things got interesting. There was a bum across the isle from us, claiming it was his birthday. My friend then proceded to pull vodka and pink lemonade from her purse and give the birthday boy a cocktail. The 9 of us (plus the 4 guys from Mid-Tennessee State U who we also made friends with on the el) sang Happy Birthday to him, and then cheered. After a while, I noticed that one of the guys from MTSU (who were in Chicago to go to a landscape show) was dipping, and spitting onto the floor. I scrounged up the bottle that the bum drank the vodka out of, and handed it to him, insisting he spit in it instead. This drunken logic caused their timid professor to laugh so hard he almost fell out of his seat.

We got off at our stop and decided that McD's was a good idea, and we busted in like it was our job. I asked the birthday boy if he wanted a double cheeseburger, and he had downed the whole thing before I even had the second syllable of "double" out of my mouth.

We walked out of McD's, and into Dunkin' Doughnuts, because that's just what you do, and bought a dozen. We then went home, and Adriana, Wilson, and I wrestled for about 2 hours while everybody else threw matches at us. No idea why. Adriana and I then decided to grab all of the clothes out of Wilson and George's closet and throw them on the floor. I snapped a few hangers.

Now I have a rugburn on my shoulder the size of a pepperoni, and my back hurts like hell.

A good night.

Then I got to wake up this morning and write a page on the upcoming elections in France, in French. I ran out the door, no coat, wet hair, on the verge of death. I haven't been able to distinguish whether the impulses I have to barf are due to a hangover, or my cold/flu.

Peace, love, and ponies.

"Oww!"
-Me, last night, a lot.

1 comment:

MLA said...

Hahahahaha.

PANK DRANK!